Want to become a Pilates Instructor?
My Pilates with Master Teacher Elena Miller is proud to offer Pilates Sports Center Teacher Training program. The PSC (Pilates Sports Center) program is an Internationally recognized program with a Cutting Edge Approach to Pilates Teacher Training. My Pilates, an affiliate of PSC, teaches a contemporary approach to the method developed by Joseph Pilates in the 1920s; one that preserves the essence of the original technique but incorporates today’s knowledge and principals. Small class sizes and high contact hours with review and anatomy provided.
Students will learn the Classical and Progressive approach (East Coast & West Coast) to Pilates all in one program using a beautiful, organized photographic manual. Our instructors are successful, sought after and return to us for continued workshops year after year.
Upon completion of your Pilates Teacher Training program, you will be prepared to take the PMA Pilates Certification™ exam if you desire.
This all-inclusive 450+ hour course includes:
- Pilates Mat Repertoire
- Universal Reformer
- Cadillac/Trapeze Table
- Wunda/Combo Chair
- Fundamental Pilates philosophy
- Client assessment and alignment protocol
- Anatomy, terminology and biomechanics taught in an interactive environment
- Small apparatus skills: jump board, magic circle, rotating discs, balance/wobble board, foam rollers, thera bands/balls
- Creative training and programming skills for any level of proficiency
- Verbal and tactile cueing skills
- Attitude, confidence and composure of a professional instructor
- Studio etiquette and equipment safety
- Ethics and scope of practice
- Understanding specific injuries/dysfunctions and special circumstances
What makes the PSC program unique?
- This isn’t a “teacher mill” where we push out a high volume of low-skill teachers.
- PSC offers 120 hours of classroom time vs. other Programs who require lots of “outside hours” but not actual instruction time
- PSC believes in the anatomically based concepts of “neutral spine” to support the spine’s natural curves, a departure from the “pelvic tilt” to flatten the back
- All PSC’s Master Teacher Trainers have achieved a high level of excellence in their field, hold multiple diplomas, have passed rigorous testing, and are PMA Certified Pilates Teachers™
- Extensive photographic Manual is included in Course. Expensive books, DVDs or classes are NOT required at an extra cost
- PSC teaches both “East Coast”/Classical and a “West Coast”/Progressive execution throughout the course to create a well-rounded instructor. This is unique to PSC
- PSC refuses to offer “quickie” programs – 2 options: – Comprehensive “All-In-One” 16-week course or “Modular” programs to learn the Mat and all Equipment individually
- PSC requires an entrance and exit interview / exam to accept and graduate only those who are truly ready. PSC is proud to be an educational leader who cares about the integrity and success of our graduates
- Competitively priced with no hidden costs or extra courses needed – we provide it all at one price
- Small class size for the best learning experience – plenty of equipment and Instructor time. 10 Students MAX!
- PSC teaches the equipment repertoire on the 5 various “models” of the Reformer, 3 types of Wunda Chair, and 2 Types of Cadillac equipment to understand how to adapt to different studio environments. This is unique to PSC
- Students learn how to maintain, modify and perform safety servicing of the Pilates equipment – this is unique to PSC
- Many variations and modifications are taught to assist a client with injuries or special needs – this creates the most capable and skilled trainer
- Review and testing are 99% oral/practical. Learning to think on your feet and apply information in a practical, physical way will insure an understanding of the material for your success
- Students are given ample review time (9-12 hours!) This is achieved through group Q&A sessions in a hands-on environment with the instructor – this is unique to PSC, no other Program affords this much time to reviewing the material included in tuition
- 3 ways to make up missed material/class time: The entire course is available on DVD to review and is cataloged day by day. You can tutor privately with an instructor (fees apply), you can join another course running nearby or that is offered at an alternate time of day if applicable at no cost. – This is unique to PSC
- PSC can offer a 5% dealer discount with Balanced Body – Code# PIL0220
- PSC consistently upholds the most current PMA curriculum recommendations
Looking for the RIGHT instructor training program?
Ask questions! Be aware and cautious of the following:
- Extra testing fees to complete the course
- Required video/book/classes at an extra cost
- A tuition “loan” with an employment contract of 2 years that is binding and may hold up your certificate of completion
- Required practice teaching hour policies within their studio only, where the Studio collects fees from client and pays little or nothing to you
- Some programs require you to take their center’s Cont. Education Workshops to maintain “good standing” with them – this may be in addition to the PMA CEC requirements
- An additional Anatomy Course may be required to enter the course at an extra cost
- Weekly workouts at their facility may be required at your cost
- Some studios may charge high rent for you to “rent space” to self-practice or even to observe
PSC Does NOT believe in any of this – you are a professional and deserve to be treated as such. We are straightforward, clear and dedicated to your education and success as our top priority.
What is the Time Commitment?
All Modulars meet 2 times weekly for approximately 3-4 hours each, this allows rest and retention time for the material as well as time for practice. The FULL program meets for 16 weeks 2x weekly. Modulars vary between 2-6 weeks in length.